Paper vs Electronics?

Both classroom elements important for student learning

A balance of pen and paper and electronic schoolwork is majorly needed. According to the Paris Corporation, 64% of employees still prefer to use printed documents instead of electronic ones. 

Although electronic schoolwork incorporates more learning styles, writing on paper increases brain activity when trying to recall the information, according to Science Daily. 

According to a Walden University study, 84% of teachers report that they use the internet weekly to find content for students, they also report that they feel that it allows for them to have more of a connection with their students. 

82% of college students use pen and paper to prepare for exams, according to PRNewsWire. Although, 81% of college students believe that digital learning technology has helped them improve their grades. 

Using electronic learning tools encourages a more engaged learning environment and encourages participation. 

While using pen and paper can prepare students for the work environment as that is how many documents are carried out. 

55% of college educators prefer to give feedback by making edits on paper, and 44% of those said that they chose this because it helps facilitate authentic interactions and 35% of them say that it helps develop relationships with students, according to Nationwide Surve. 

PWith a good balance of both we can allow kids and their teachers to connect more, promote activity in their brains when remembering information, as well as prepare them for the adult world and improve their grades. All of this can happen with the help of technology and pen and paper coming together.