Problem With Gun Control

More restrictions on guns need to be placed or shootings will continue to happen frequently

In 2023 alone there have been at least 58 school shootings in America.

An estimated twelve children each day die from gun violence and another 32 are shot and injured as well. 

The leading cause of death among American children and teens is guns according to sandyhookpromise.org.

Better gun control is needed or children will continue to live their lives in fear anytime they walk into school.

Gun control does not just need to be better in public places but everywhere, even at home. 

An estimated 4.6 million children live in a home where at least one gun is stored, loaded and unlocked. 

Leaving a gun left improperly stored can lead to school shootings, suicides, and deaths of family members, even toddlers and infants. 

Another issue with gun control is that in most states 18-year olds can buy guns.

Guns and ammo are an easy access for 18-year olds so it is easier for a shooting accident or a school shooting to happen.

To prevent this easy access the age to buy a gun should increase. 

You should have to be at least in your mid-20s to buy any type of gun or ammo. 

People’s brains are fully developed in their mid-20s and not when they are 18 therefore they will make better decisions when going to buy a gun. 

The requirements to be able to buy and use a gun should also increase. Anyone who wants possession of a gun should have to have a place where guns are locked away and unloaded.