ON THE MATS, FROM BHS TO BU

Three Bulldog wrestlers headed to compete for Baker University

There are three Bulldog students Nora Prather, Jayden Westgate and Dylan Williams who are going to attend Baker University for college. All three of these students wrestled in high school and will continue their career wrestling at Baker. 

“During the summer I did a lot of thinking about what I wanted my life to look like farther down the road,” Westgate said. “No matter what, wrestling was at the top of my brain. That’s why I chose to continue my wrestling career after high school.”

Prather, a senior who wrestled here at BHS will also be wrestling at Baker University. Women’s wrestling in college is mostly freestyle. The women’s head coach is Kit Harris, who is also a teacher at BHS. 

“We are very excited to have Nora joining us at BU next year,” Harris said. “She is a perfect fit for our wrestling program and also at Baker University. She is a hard worker, high character, and a serious student. That is what BU is all about. I see her becoming one of our team leaders and also campus leaders. She is a great kid all around.”

Williams is a senior who goes to BHS and is also attending Baker University to wrestle on the men’s team. He has not yet decided on what he wants to study at Baker.

“I wanted to continue my wrestling at Baker because I am familiar with most of the team,” senior Williams said. “I also was not satisfied with how my high school career went.”

Harris as their former coach and also a Baker alumnus, is proud of their achievements.

“Having been their coach as they were young through high school, I am very proud of them all for their achievements and progress,” Harris said. “They are all hard workers, and more importantly, great kids. They all have bright futures ahead. BU is lucky to have them.”