BOYS & BATS

BHS baseball starting on a 3-0 run
The team coming in for a huddle

The baseball team here at BHS has just started their spring season. These boys are eager to be back on the field and perform for their fans. We have lots of seniors having high hopes for their last baseball season at BHS.

Senior Jayden Westgate will be competing with the BHS baseball team for the first time this season.

This is my first season playing at BHS, but I used to play a lot when I was much younger,” Westgate said. “I am looking forward to having experience of playing a sport I’ve missed with all of my buddies.”

Senior Aiden Espino has been playing baseball for 14 years and he enjoys his coaches and how they help him grow as a player and a person.

“I have played baseball all four years but I have been playing baseball for fourteen years of my life,” Espino said. “My favorite part of the BHS baseball team is how the coaches still help me grow even though I have been playing this sport my whole life.”

The boys are starting strong with a 3-0 run and are hoping to have a winning record and a successful season. To achieve success the team is hoping to improve throughout the season.

Sophomore Ian Bryan thinks one thing the team needs to improve on is their attitude.

“I feel like the team really needs to improve on our attitude, being field smart, and being more smooth with our plays,” Bryan said.

Practice plays a big role in team chemistry and improving skills.

“My favorite part of practice is throwing, it helps improve your arm and a good time to talk to your buddies,” Bryan said.