NEW SEASON, NEW COACHES

BJHS Track & Field starting season with new coaches

Baldwin is getting some new coaches this year. At Baldwin Junior High we have Coach Scott, who coaches high jump, and Coach Watkins coaching distance. Coach Engamann is teaching girls track for the season. 

“I am very excited to be coaching track again,” said Coach Engemann. 

I am pretty excited, Mr. Schinder was a pretty good coach last year but I have no doubt about Ms. Engemann’s experience.” 8th grader Taylor Bench said. 

“I’m excited to join the junior high track and field coaching staff!” Coach Erin Scott 1st grade teacher at Baldwin Priamry Center. “I loved competing in track and field in my youth. I was a high jumper, triple jumper, and sprinter in junior high and high school and then after high school, I joined the Ottawa University track team as a high jumper. I am eager to share my knowledge as a jumping coach. I have always been a big competitor so I hope to share my competitive nature with our student/athletes in a positive way and have a lot of fun at the same time

These new coaches have some tricks to help bring out our best potential. 

Manager, 8th grader, Ali Taylor has been helping this season. She has some insights about the new coaches. 

“I like how Coach Engemann knows what she wants us to do and is able to explain it,” said Manager Ali Taylor. “ I think it’s great to have new coaches although I miss Coach Schneider. Being a manager is fun as well because I feel like I am still part of the team and get to hang with my friends.”