BALLN’ BULLDOGS

Bulldogs achieve on the court
The+bulldogs+are+watching+the+game.+
The bulldogs are watching the game.

The girls basketball team has a record of 12-7. Bailey Smith, Samantha Scraper, and Alyssa Reichard are seniors on the team. When Coach Toot Was asked about the level the girls were competing at he said it was a high level. 

“Our players have shown great effort and commitment all season,” Toot said. 

Toot wants to buy into the importance of our weight room for the girl’s basketball team to make them stronger.  

“I believe in getting our students/athletes to buy into the importance of the weight room and getting stronger,” Toot said. ”This would help all of our programs.”  

Smith’s favorite part of the season was the team’s toughness. 

“My favorite part of the season is the toughness of this team,” Smith said. “We have faced a lot of adversity and have maintained a strong work ethic. I love how scrappy and gritty this team is.”

Scraper’s work ethic and possibility have helped her throughout the season. 

“Continuing to be tough and maintaining a positive and hard-working mindset has helped me be the best basketball player that I can be this season,” Scraper said. 

Scraper gives a lot of credit to her teammates, they have helped her throughout the season. 

“I also have to give a lot of credit to my teammates,” Scraper said. “How we have developed an amazing family dynamic that has helped us stay together this season.”

Scraper’s biggest inspiration is her dad. He has given her the confidence she needs and has believed in her throughout her years playing basketball. 

“My biggest inspiration has always been my dad because he had a similar role to what mine is now on his basketball team in high school,” Scraper said. “He has consistently believed in me and has given me a lot of needed confidence.” 

Reichard said that basketball has taught her many things . 

“Basketball has taught me how to be tough and resilient,” Reichard said. “It a mentally and physically a hard game that has taught me how to push myself in not only sports but in life,” Reichard said. 

Reichard would tell someone that wants to play basketball in high school that they are not a team.

“They are a family,” Reichard said. 

“If I were to persuade a new freshman to play I would tell them that our program has some of the toughest girls I’ve known and being a part of it has been truly amazing,” She said. 

Reichard said that they are not just a team they are a family, and she wants you to go out because you will be lifted up by the program. 

“Baldwin Girls Basketball isn’t just a team, we are a family,” Reichard said. “I would persuade them to go out because they will only be lifted up in our program.” 

The Bulldogs competed in the Sub-State tournament recently. The team won in game 1 before losing to Ottawa in the championship final.