Baldwin Built Bulldogs

Fall sports teams off & running in ‘23
Baldwin+VS.+Osawatomie++football+October+6.+
Baldwin VS. Osawatomie football October 6.

On the courts, fields and courses. The Baldwin fall sports teams are coming up on half way through their seasons. This is how they are doing so far.

The soccer team is off to a 8-1 start to the season.

“We really want to make it back to state and see if we can make another run to prove last year wasn’t a fluke and we can compete for multiple years at a high level in our state,”sophomore Ethan Smasal said. 

The Baldwin football team is 0-4 at half way through their season.

“My goal for the season is to score at least a couple touchdowns and to grow and get better as a team and win some games,” sophomore Brenden O’connor said.

The Baldwin team with the most state championships​​ trophies the boys cross country team.

“My favorite part of the sport is the things we do as a team like hang out and go out to eat,” sophomore Xander Johnson said. “One of my goals is to run a sub 18 minute 5k.”

Mentally challenging but laid back is the girls tennis team.

“My favorite part about tennis is how laid back it is but still very mentally challenging,” senior Lillian Judy said.

The team currently ranked number one in the state girls cross country.

“My favorite part about the sport is how close everyone on the team is. It is like a family,” sophomore Irelyn Kennedy said.

The newest Baldwin team is the girls golf team.

”My main goal this season is to have a positive mindset because golf is a mental sport, “said sophomore Kristen Manbeck. “My favorite part is being able to play with my friends and try something new.

With a new head coach the girls volleyball team.

”My goal for the season is to enjoy my final year playing volleyball. I have been playing my whole life and want to end on a bang,” senior Avery Bergan said.