SIDELINE SPORTS: Bowl Mania Returns 35 games in 24 days

The last game creeps up on each and every college football team. The pressure of the winning is at an all-time high. The tradition and history is brought up in each mind as a player to have their name down in school history.

College football teams will take the field to battle for the title to be a postseason winner. Nine teams from the Big 12 conference will be making appearances in some of these bowls.

TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL

K-State will be playing in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl against Oregon’s high-powered offense and fast defense from the Pac 12 conference. This will very easily be the Wildcat’s biggest test of the year.

Collin Klein and the running offense under head coach Bill Snyder will have a major struggle with the speed and quickness of Oregon. I have Oregon winning 48-31.

ALAMO BOWL

Texas will be playing in the Alamo Bowl against, Cinderella story Oregon State, who was the biggest shock in college football when they were contending for Pac 12 title. Texas has been struggling this year with no set QB and no set leader for Texas’s offense, I have Oregon State winning 27-21.

BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL

Baylor will be playing UCLA in the Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl. Baylor had one of the biggest upsets of the year beating the former number one team in the nation in K-State. Baylor shocked people when they went 7-5 this year without their main option in Robert Griffin III who is playing for the Washington Redskins in the NFL.

UCLA battled all season to be atop of the Pac 12 and played in the Pac 12 Championship game vs Stanford although they lost nobody thought they would make it there in the first place. So while with something to prove I have UCLA winning 56-45.

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS

Texas Tech will be playing Minnesota in the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas, Minnesota went 2-6 in Big 10 conference. The Big 10 has not as strong as it should be this year.

Texas Tech went 4-5 in Big 12 play, which is a stronger conference by far. I have Texas Tech winning 21-14.

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL

Oklahoma State will be playing Purdue in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Oklahoma State has dropped since last year going to a BCS, but they went 6-5 in conference play. Purdue has a total of a 6-6 record and went 3-6 in Big 10 play. I predict Oklahoma State will win 35-21.

AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL

Iowa State will play Tulsa in the Autozone Liberty Bowl, Tulsa went 7-1 in Conference USA. Iowa State 6-6 in Big 12 play, I think Tulsa will surprise people and win 29-21.

The two new teams to the Big 12 make a good step in the right direction. TCU went 4-5 in Big 12 play and was 7-5 in the whole season they will be playing Michigan State who was 6-6 for the season. I like TCU to get the win here against Michigan state with a score of 35-21.

West Virginia will play former conference rival Syracuse from the Big East. West Virginia went 7-5 in the regular season and has a good QB in Geno Smith. I think Syracuse will come out and get an upset with a score 29-23.

BCS DISCOVER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Now the one big game that matters the BCS National Championship Game, Alabama will play Notre Dame. Alabama with one of the strongest defenses in the nation will try to repeat as the national champions. Notre Dame led by LB Manti Te’o will try to regain glory with a victory. I believe Alabama will be to much to handle for Notre Dame, Alabama will repeat and win with a score of 35-31.