SIDELINE SPORTS: Sean Payton’s punishments too severe

This week in sports big news that New Orleans Saints football coach Sean Payton has been suspended for a full year by commissioner Rodger Goodell for the so-called bounty system the Saints defense had on star players in the league. This bounty system started by defensive coordinators Gregg Williams, its latest target was San Francisco running back Frank Gore in the 2011 playoff game.

I think this is insane, a whole year? Payton did not really have any clue of it going on, it was the defensive coordinator at the time Gregg Williams. Williams, at the time, controlled the whole defensive side of the ball, we all know Payton is the high power offensive coach. Without knowing really about it, Payton couldn’t stop it. I guarantee he would ha stopped it if he knew about it.

Payton is out for the entire year now because Goodell can make a good decision of what is going on, Goodell has made some many awful choices to football these past years. From the fining players for playing hard and hitting hard to kickoffs being done now from the 35-yard line instead of the 25, it ruins the excitement of the high-powered kicking off game.

The Saints have a major problem, nobody to actually coach this team. This organization has already started off on the wrong foot by putting the franchise tag on quarterback Drew Brees. Now they have to find a replacement and how do you think this looks to the brand new rookies coming in. This is awful timing for this team they will have to battle through another tough season with a lot of problems.