The Sweet 16 has arrived

The best time for basketball has arrived, March is here and it’s back to the traditions with upsets, blowouts and the heart-pumping close games.

The Sweet Sixteen is right around the corner.Some of the surprises this year are major upsets with Missouri and Duke both out of the first round by losing to 15 seeds.  Now, Kansas and Ohio State are the only two seeds remaining

Two teams are left from the Big 12, Kansas and Baylor. Baylor beat Colorado 80-63 and Kansas had a tough test against a very good Purdue team winning 63-60. Baylor will play Xavier on Friday, March 23, at 6:15. Kansas plays a cinderella story in N.C. State that same Friday at 9:17. N.C. State is the biggest upset story around the tournament so far, they have beaten San Diego State and top-seeded Georgetown to punch a ticket to the Sweet 16.

Kentucky, North Caroline, Syracuse, and Michigan State are all still in the tournament and are favorites to go to the Final Four. Ohio State, a big two seed is up against a very good and red hot Cincinnati team. That will be a game to watch on March 22 at 8:45, I have the Bearcats of Cincinnati winning this game and I put the Buckeyes on upset alert.

Marquette, a three seed has defeated the only one loss team in the tournament in a good Murray State team and they go on to play Florida for a fight to go to the Elite Eight to face the winner of Louisville and Michigan State.

Those two winners will play for the west title and a ticket to New Orleans and a spot in the Final Four. In the Midwest region, we have North Carolina playing another Cinderella story in the Ohio Bobcats and Kansas playing N.C. State, a team that is red hot and ready to fight.

In South region, we have overall number one seed Kentucky playing Indiana and a powerful Baylor team led by Perry Jones III, playing Xavier. Finally in the East region you have Syracuse and that zone defense playing Wisconsin and the top game to watch of the Sweet Sixteen Cincinnati playing Jarod Sullinger and Ohio State.

In all the Sweet Sixteen games will be fantastic and a must see game. This tournament has made history for Ohio four teams have made the sweet sixteen all from the state of Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Xavier, and Ohio. We will see how many of them will move on.

This tournament has been a roller coaster and will no stop until that final buzzer sounds in New Orleans.