State champs chosen for all-star dual

Two Baldwin Bulldog wrestlers, seniors Andrew Morgan and Colton Bonner, have been selected to represent Kansas in the annual “Metro Classic”  All-Star dual against Missouri.

The dual will take place on Tuesday, March 6, at 6:30 p.m. at Kansas City Kansas Community College. It features top seniors from the Kansas City metro area (60-mile radius).

Morgan and Bonner are two of only 17 Bulldog wrestlers ever in BHS history to be selected for this prestigious meet. BHS is also the only school this year with two wrestlers competing for Team Kansas. Previous Baldwin wrestlers selected are Alan Callahan, Kevin Callahan, Jesse Austin and Greg Schiffelbein.
“It’s a pretty big deal, I was chosen over a two-time state finalist, so the coaches really believe in me and expect me to do well in this meet,” Morgan said.
Morgan was a four-time state qualifier and two-time state placer for BHS, winning gold at 132 lbs. this past weekend in Salina.
Harris was chosen as one of the four coaches for Team Kansas for this event.
“I am proud of Andrew and Colton for their achievements, and this is a great honor for them to be selected for this event,” Harris said. “They came a long way and are very hard workers. They will represent BHS well in this dual.”
Tickets will cost $10, or a ticket can be purchased in advance from Baldwin coach Kit Harris, Colton Bonner or Andrew Morgan, tickets are $8.