Girls soccer ready for kick off!

The long wait for girls soccer to begin is almost over! Many girls from the team are excited and can’t wait to kick off the season.

“I’m really excited for it,” junior Abby Clem said, “but I think it’s going to be a very tough season.”

While the school was out looking for a coach, the girls playing soccer set up a Futsal team (an indoor soccer team that plays during the winter) for anyone who wanted to work on their footwork before the season. They also organized their own practices for after school.

“Any girls who want to,” Clem said “The girls playing Futsal have practices on Wednesday after school outside and Thursday at 4:30 inside, but if it’s nice outside then all days will be outside. If you are interested it would be a great way to prepare for the season.”

Now that the team has a coach, Eudora’s coed soccer team’s assistant coach Erryn Kindle, the team is even more impatient about the upcoming season.

“I’m getting really excited about the upcoming season. I love playing soccer and I can’t wait to play with all my friends,” sophomore Jenna VonBargen said.

The girls soccer team has their own home page (http://activities.usd348.com/girls_soccer/Girls_Soccer/Home.html) which includes the roster, game schedule, location, and directions to the fields.

A sign up meeting for girls soccer will take place after school Monday, Feb. 27. Practices will then start the following Tuesday, Feb. 28.