Q/A with Grant Bachura

Bachura is involved at BHS as teacher and coach
Q/A with Grant Bachura

Social studies teacher Grant Bacura has been a teacher for seven years total but only two years at Baldwin High School. In addition to teaching Bachura also coaches the High School Baseball team. He is a great addition to the Baldwin High School Staff. 

What impact do you want to leave on students? 

“I want to encourage students to find something that they are passionate about and to really dive into it, whatever it may be. I want them to find something that they are enthusiastic about and hopefully, model from my class that bringing a positive mindset and energy each and every day goes a long way.”  

Why did you want to become a teacher? 

“There is a long line of teachers in my family, with my Mom and her dad being educators, so you could say it’s a family profession. I saw the lasting impacts they made on their students/athletes throughout their careers and it made me want to follow in their footsteps.” 

Why did you want to teach history/ social studies?

“Social Studies, especially American History, became really interesting to me in 7th grade when I had a great teacher. After that I read everything I could get my hands on as it pertained to American History, and I wanted to share that passion with my future students.”   

Why do you think the way you act impacts students, and why is that?

“I would like to think that I impact my students with my positive and upbeat energy, that I showcase the importance of history, and create an environment in my classroom that they look forward to being in each day.”