BHS Concert Choir hard at work to spread holiday cheer

This week will be a busy one for the BHS Concert Choir. They have two performances, which will include traveling to Crown Center in Kansas City on Tuesday, Dec. 10, and a winter concert two days after that, on Thursday, Dec. 12.

Choir director Beth Nelson is working hard to get the choir ready for their upcoming performances.

“CC is working hard and really starting to make a nice sound together,” Nelson said. “We have made incredible progress this week and I think we a going to have an excellent time spreading holiday cheer at our upcoming performances.”

Crown Center is a shopping mall in Kansas City where Concert Choir travels to every year in December to perform their songs for the shoppers there. There are also other choirs there performing for the shoppers. Most, if not all members of the choir are excited for this event.

Junior Catherine Christain is excited to travel to Crown Center.

“I am excited for Crown Center because I enjoy singing outside of the school environment,” Christian said.

The choir’s winter concert is unique compared to other formal performances. Men’s, Women’s and Concert Choir will all perform like they usually do at concerts.

What makes the winter concert unique is that in between songs, the audience will be able to participate in singing along with classic Christmas carols such as “O Come All Ye Faithful,” “Silent Night,” “Angels we Have Heard on High” and others.

Also, during the performance, all choirs will sing the traditional song “Carol of the Bells.” Before this song starts, Nelson will invite any alumni in the audience to sing along.

These upcoming performances will be truly unique and special, and everyone is invited to listen to the choirs spread the holiday cheer.