Q/A with Kelli Haeffner

Q: What are your plans for the summer?

A: Working and preparing for the 2024-2025 school year.  I also hope to spend some time relaxing and recouping with my family! 

Q: What has been your favorite part of the year?

A: We’ve had some really awesome moments this year, Homecoming 2023, Sub state playoffs, state games, fun second breakfast activities, exciting things happening in classrooms- too many to pick just one!

Q: Are you excited to see the seniors heading off to their new lives?

A: I am!  I know this probably sounds weird but I definitely get this proud school mom moment when I get to see them walk across the stage.  They have so much in front of them and I know these students will go and do great things in this world

Q: What has been your favorite thing about this year’s senior class?

A: I think my favorite thing is their overall comadre they share with one another.  They are a talented group of students both in activities and academics as well as leadership- BHS is going to miss them! 

Q: What advice would you give to the seniors as they pursue their life path?

A: The best advice I could give them is to surround themselves with people, a career, and hobbies that bring out the best in them, helps them grow, helps them build successful habits, and ultimately brings them a healthy joy in life.  Life is really just beginning and each phase will provide new opportunities- Carpe Diem!

Q: What advice would you give to the incoming freshman?

A: It all matters- habits, behaviors, work ethic, authentic connection, engagement.  Try to see these next four years as a way to build who you want to be when you enter the real world in four short years, and don’t let the opportunities to work on yourself pass you by!