Effects of vaping on today’s teenagers

Effects of vaping on todays teenagers

Vaping is causing destruction amongst young teens and is a rising threat to our society. This rising problem is destroying young teenagers’ future and the number of users is drastically rising.

Teenagers are well known to be emotional people, according to studies, emotions and stress are strong triggers to vape. As students, teenagers are consistently under pressure and see vaping as an easy escape. 

However, thinking only about the short term satisfaction, most teenagers do not acknowledge the dangers of nicotine and the chemicals contained in a vape. The human brain continues developing around the age of 25, using nicotine can harm this development drastically. 

Vaping has been known to harm the parts of the brain that control attention, learning, mood, and impulse control. Vaping is also linked to insomnia, intense cravings, and more anxiety. 

Outside of mental harm, vaping has also been known to cause irreversible damage to the lungs. The symptoms of lung damage are trouble breathing, coughing, fatigue, chest pain, fever, and coughing up blood. 

Now with all these extremely dangerous side effects, why is vaping such a big deal? Vaping contains nicotine, which releases a chemical called dopamine. 

Dopamine has multiple effects on the person’s physical and psychological state. Dopamine is the chemical that makes it very difficult for the user to stop using nicotine, even if he or she wants to. 

The dangers of messing around with nicotine far outweigh the small amount of satisfaction for the brief seconds it takes to vape or use some other form of nicotine. Be safe. Don’t risk your future for brief satisfaction.