Abortion Laws Harm Mothers

How abortion bans make mothers have to risk their lives for abortion care

On June 24, 2022 the famous case Roe v. Wade was overturned. 

Since this case was overturned many states have banned abortions. Although banning medical abortions only bans safe abortions. 

Creating abortion laws and bans does not completely stop abortions it only makes mothers have to risk their health and lives to get abortion care. Hsph.harvar.edu states that research shows that women who are denied abortions are more likely to have poorer health outcomes including gestational diabetes and gestational hypertension. Those conditions can lead to eclampsia and abortion is one treatment for that. 

Also, rape victims who get pregnant should have the choice of what they do with their body. Everyone should have the right to choose what is best for them and their situation. Abortion is a very personal matter and is different for everybody. 

In Kansas you can get an abortion up to 21 weeks and 6 days pregnant. After that you may not get an abortion. Also, both of your parents have to give permission but you can also apply for a judicial bypass to waive the requirement for parental permission according to abortionfinder.org. 

Most people who are against abortion argue that it is murder. In reality though, the fetus is not even fully developed. A heartbeat does not start until after the fourth week of pregnancy and a fetus isn’t fully developed until 31 weeks. 

Everywhere around the world should make abortions legal. Sometimes mothers can not physically or financially take care of a child so abortion is their best option. No one should be told what they can or can not do with their body.