Lend a hand to stop bullying

Bullying happens all over. Whether it is physical, verbal, mental, or cyber bullying, it all hurts. That part should be obvious. But the real question is, why do these things continue to happen?

Many scenarios have been set up to see what people do in the instance of somebody being bullied, there are videos all over YouTube. Evidence taken from those scenarios clearly show that most witnesses of bullying take absolutely no action to stop what’s happening right before their eyes. Bystanders only intervene about 4 percent of the time, according to dosomething.org, as bullying is happening right underneath their noses.

This can’t happen. Whether you want to believe it or not, bullying is a serious issue. People skip school because of it, drop out, and even end their own lives due to excessive bullying they experience. If somebody was simply there for them when they need it, it could save a life.

If you witness bullying happening anywhere, the least you can do is speak up against the bully. Don’t act like you’re blind and walk away, how would that make you feel? What if you were the being made fun of, being beat up, harassed, etc? Wouldn’t you want somebody of neutral stance of the situation to help you out? This is why bullying is an issue in this country. So many people are caught up in their own selfishness.