The city & the country: Two very different places to live

Within the limits of a city, people are running from place to place in a hurry to complete their hectic and busy schedules for the day. When people are not busy and are relaxing, they can hear the cars go by.

In the country, people are a little more laid back. Some people in the country have farms to take care of, others can enjoy the peace and quiet the country brings, as well as having lots of space for living. In most cases, the nearest neighbor could be a mile away or more.

No matter how different these two places are, they have one thing in common. They are a place that people can call home.

In the country, people have the advantage of relaxation, and for the most part, piece and quiet. Some people in the country do have farms and other tasks to take care of, so it might not be all peaceful.

One disadvantage for high school students living in the country is that extra curricular activities outside of school are hard to manage. Students would have to drive themselves, or get rides, all the way into town to do these activities.

Junior Ally James gives her thoughts on living in the country.

“I like living in the country because I have privacy. But I would prefer to live in the city because I would live closer to my friends, and it would be easier for me to go places.” James said.

It would be easier for busy students to live in the city, where they would be a little closer to the school, or wherever their activities would take place.

This is one advantage of living in the city. Since students would be within reach of all their activities, transportation would be easy. Another advantage of living in the city is that students would live closer to friends who live in the city.

One disadvantage to city life would be having no privacy. Since neighbors could be next door, it is hard to have any privacy. Another disadvantage is that there is a lot of noise. From the cars going by to loud city dwellers, it would be hard to get peace and quiet.

Senior Allison Waymire enjoys living in the city.

“I prefer living in the city because I love being around people and I don’t like being in the outdoors. I couldn’t stand living in the country for one minute.” Waymire said.

Since both of these places are so different, it is hard to say which place is better. People prefer the country because of the privacy and the quiet. Some people prefer the city because they can be closer to friends and other necessary facilities. No matter the difference, they are places that people can call home.