OPINION: E-cigs not the answer

Electronic Cigarettes are quickly becoming widely used. According to “What Are Electronic Cigarettes And How Safe Are They?” in Forbes magazine, an estimated 700,000 people use them. Electronic cigarettes contain no tobacco, there is a mechanism that heats up liquid nicotine which then turns to vapor.

The device is new enough that not that much is known. The FDA says that the side effects of inhaling pure nicotine have not been studied yet. No studies have been done to try to link electronic cigarettes with lung cancer at this point.

I believe that electronic cigarettes are just as bad as regular cigarettes. The fact that e-cigarettes contain nicotine is enough to show that the device is bad. You will still get addicted to the terrible nicotine substance. E-cigarettes are still not allowed inside of businesses or restaurants because the nicotine vapor is just as bad as second-hand smoke. Discovery fitness and health says that because electronic cigarettes contain no tobacco they can be purchased without proof of age, especially online.

E-cigarettes are no better than cigarettes, they give people a false feeling of safety because they contain no tobacco. People looking to quit smoking have a range of options other than electronic cigarettes. Chewing gum, chewing on toothpicks, anything to keep their mouth busy. There are also pills that can be taken that slowly ration off the amount of nicotine.