Senior breaking away from BHS

Seniors this year are about to drift away from each other. Some of the students have been together as early as kindergarden. Passing each other in the hallway will just be a distant memory. Everyone will see different people and go to different places. Friends will have to say goodbye to each other. They will have to say goodbye to the school that they grew up in.

Some people are ready to get up and get on with their life. Others on the other hand aren’t ready to say goodbye. There is always a lot of emotion in the air when a class graduates.

“At the beginning of the year I was sad,” senior Regan LaTessa said. “But once it gets down to it, I’m ready to leave and start a new life.”

Everyone is going to break off in their own direction. Some will go out of state or some will stay. Graduation is something that everyone works up to but sometimes when it comes they feel lost. They don’t want to leave the school, life or friends they know.

I am definitely going out of state for college,” senior Sammie Weiss said. “I’m excited to get away. I haven’t decided for sure, but I think I will be attending Lewis and Clark college, in Portland, Oregon, next year. Portland will definitely be a change of pace. I love cities, and I really wanted a university with an urban campus.”

Adjustment is a big issue for some people, leaving everything they had grown accustomed to. Its kind of sad to know that people are packing up and starting a new life.

“It will definitely be a big adjustment for me getting out of Baldiwn,” senior Chessica Evans said. “KU campus has a huge campus and it will be different coming from a little town to a big campus.”

With all of these emotions the people that everyone grew up together are all going to break away from each other. This is good though, everyone is going to go off and start their life.