Top 5 dog breeds

Everyone thinks their dog is the greatest dog in the world, it may or may not be. These are the top five dog breeds according to the American Kennel Club.

Number 1: Labrador Retriever

The gentle, intelligent, and family-friendly Labrador Retriever from Canada continues to be the most popular breed in the United States, according to AKC Registration Statistics. This versatile hunting breed comes in three colors: yellow, black and chocolate.

Number 2: German Shephard

The German Shepherd Dog is hailed as the world’s leading police, guard, and military dog. But this dependable breed is more than its 9-to-5 job. Consistently one of the United States’s most popular breeds according to AKC Registration Statistics, the German Shepherd Dog is also a loving family companion, herder and show competitor.

Number 3: Beagle

A sturdy hunting dog, the Beagle should look like a foxhound in miniature. His hunting ability, combined with a merry personality, has made the Beagle one of the most popular dogs in the United States according to AKC Registration Statistics.

Number 4: Golden Retriever

The Golden Retriever, with its intelligence and eager-to-please attitude, is one of the most popular breeds in the United States according to AKC Registration Statistics. The working ability that has made the Golden Retriever such a useful hunting companion also makes him an ideal guide, assistance, and search-and-rescue dog.

Number 5: Bulldog

Not only is it our school’s mascot it is also known for their loose-jointed, shuffling gait and a massive, short-faced head, the Bulldog is known to be equable, resolute, and dignified. A medium-sized dog. They are one of the most popular breeds, according to AKC Registration Statistics, the Bulldog may be brindle, white, red, fawn, fallow, or piebald.