TEACHERS OF THE YEAR

Teachers share experiences about their teaching

The two teachers of the year from last year share their experience from working for the many years that they have. These two teachers of the year were Erin Scott and Eric Bailey, voted by their peers to be outstanding teachers.

Bailey teaches Social Studies and has been at this school for 11 years and has been teaching. 

“These students are really a delight to teach,” Bailey said. “Each group is a different challenge to face and getting over that challenge is always fun for me.”

“There are a lot of highlights here for me,” Bailey said. “But whenever the jazz band was playing and to see all of my old students up there playing really good and finding out what they want their career is going to be.”

“I don’t really know why I got this reward,” Bailey said. “There are a lot of really good teachers at BHS but being the teacher of the year is an honor.”

Bailey has taught a lot of the students at BHS, Bailey has had some special moments and he has fun teaching his students. 

Erin Scott works in the Primary Center; she teaches the first grade and has been there for 5 years and has been teaching for 14 years. 

“I love teaching the first grade,” Scott said. “Because it is laying the stepping stones for these kids, helping them learn how to read and it’s a huge year of growth for the students, and that it is important for each student to feel loved and accepted.”

“I consider myself a very passionate teacher, this fuels my commitment to the students and getting them the help they need,” Scott said. “I’m very honored to be nominated for the teacher of the year award.”