Longtime teachers love changes

Redesigns spark interests at BHS
Students working in new Bay area

Baldwin High School starts a new school year with some new changes. The downstairs lockers were replaced over the summer and teachers and students are impressed.

“Students come out and work all the time where it is a quiet area to sit,” teacher Kit Harris said. “Teachers can spread out their classroom to different groups for projects.”

Student Colton Collum uses the locker bay area to complete homework and find a quiet space during class.

“It is a good place to focus and study in a different environment from the classroom,” Collum said.

Baldwin High School hasn’t always been in the same spot. Thirty years ago students of Baldwin High School used to go to what is now the junior high school.

“When I first started I was in what is now the junior high then four years later they built a new High School building,” Mike Spielman said.

“The actual classroom hasn’t changed much as far as the room goes,” Spielman said.

Going on his 34th year at BHS, Spielman has seen many changes but he said the biggest change has been the locker bay.

“We have a little more technology with the overheads and Apple TV’S,” Spielman said.

After a decade of teaching social studies Donald Blanchat has become the oldest teacher in the social studies department.

“The biggest change has probably been the locker bay area,” Blanchat said.

He has also got some very advanced technology being a new standing desk.

“I use the locker bay area for student projects and if a student needs to catch up on a video,” Blanchat said.

Teachers at Baldwin High School love the new locker bay area where their students can do work or catch up on something.