Mackie experiences European culture

BHS student flies overseas on family trip

The start of summer, June 22, freshman, Simona Mackie boarded a 16 hour flight to go to Croatia. 

“I was super jetlagged because by the time I got there, I would be asleep because of the 7 hour time change,” Mackie said. 

She and her family boarded the boat with around thirty passengers. Simona actually ended up getting sick from the jet lag. Every morning at 6:00 a.m the boat would sail around Croatia to a new city every day.

“There was only one family from America, the rest were from all around the world,” Mackie said. 

She enjoyed meeting the other families from all over and making new friends. After being in Croatia for a week it was time to go to France. Her family packed up everything and boarded a three hour flight for France. In France her family stayed in an airbnb.

“Something that was different about France is that the people were a lot meaner and low tempered,” Mackie Said.

When ordering food the menu was in French, not English so it was hard to get what she wanted. It was also harder to understand what people were saying to her and the city had huge men walking around with guns. She went and saw the Eiffel Tower and lots of other fun sites and it sounds like a really fun trip.