Big plans for Environmental Club

Group makes moves to better school, community
Environmental Club recently sold plants at lunch for a fundraiser

The Environmental Club’s first official plant sale of 2023 starts as students are lined up to purchase their own plants of different shapes and sizes.

The Environmental Club has been organized by students for over 5 years under the sponsorship of Baldwin High School Spanish teacher Katie Marten. 

“I saw the students’ passion for this club, and I was more than willing to help them and support what I think is a good cause,” Marten said.

The club has directed many fundraisers and projects, they direct plant sales in which they sell their products that they themselves have grown and taken care of. 

They also organize projects to help the community such as picking up trash, running composts, recycling, and more. 

“I love to see students set goals and achieve them,” Marten said. “We also brought back recycling bins to our school through hard work, a lot of fundraising, and bold presentations to the school board”.

The Environmental Club has made many positive impacts on our community, and through the sponsorship of Marten, they will continue to fundraise and make positive changes to our school and community. 

Environmental club is also largely organized by senior Harper Schoendaller. Schoendaller has led many projects in the Environmental Club including the campaign to bring recycling bins back to BHS.

“My favorite part of Environmental Club is seeing change.” Schoendaller said. “We constantly go help the community and stay active in our school.”