• BHSTV Daily News 10/12/18 is up now

• Varsity Football plays Tonganoxie at 7 p.m. today @ Tonganoxie High School

• The Junior Varsity and Varsity Boys Soccer game has been moved to 10 a.m. on Saturday.

BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Freshman Riley Smith takes on the Cross Country track. Freshman now have access to many more sports

Jude Stacey

Jude Stacey

Grace Parker, BHS Journalism

Around 120 new freshman walk the halls of BHS this year. Their high school career has just started and some freshman are already making the most of it.

“The best part of high school for me has been all the activities that you do together,” freshman Riley Smith said, “and when you get involved in teams, or student council, or clubs.”

Smith is involved in many school activities, including cross country, Stuco, Mardi Gras Diversity Day, friends, and the upcoming musical. She plans to be involved in basketball, soccer, and track later in the year.

“I did cross country because I just decided ‘why not?’” Smith said, “But as I got involved with it I found out that I really like it. The team is awesome, we do so many fun things together and we’ve already made a lot of memories.”

Freshman also have a wider choice in classes at the high school. At the junior high, you could only advance a level in math. Though, there are many advanced level classes that freshman can take at the high school, including Pre-AP English 9, Honors Algebra 2, and Honors World History.

“Any group at the beginning of their freshman year is pretty good,” said Don Blanchat, who teaches both World History and Honors World History.

Even though most freshman are still getting used to high school in their first few weeks, some have already started large projects in their classes. Blanchat has all of his Honors World History students do a project for National History Day.

“The NHD project is mandatory for Honors World History, but I do offer it to kids that didn’t make it into the class,” Blanchat said.

Freshman Nina Mozier competed in NHD last year but isn’t taking Honors World History this year. Instead she is taking Pre-AP English 9 and focusing on clubs and other activities, including FBLA, Scholar’s Bowl, and the musical, Once Upon A Mattress

“The musical cast is already pretty close,” Mozier said. “I talk to people I don’t normally talk to.”

Mozier has already become very involved with her school. Her and every other freshman have four years of high school to look forward to. BHS is ready to provide them with lots of opportunities.

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Jana Landreth

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Showcase

New head coaches take over for Bulldog teams

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

News

New teachers join staff at BHS

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

News

BGA defends use of local golf course

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

News

BHS implements new weighted grades system

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

A&E

Choir to host ‘Hope, Happiness, Resilience’ concert

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

News

“Bulldog Nation” shirts promote mental health awareness

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Features

Horse shows keep BHS freshman busy

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Addy Trendel

• BHS welcomes new Bulldogs

Humans of BHS

Humans of BHS: Olivia Stour

BHS welcomes new Bulldogs