The truth about school lunch

School lunches have been a controversy in The United States for a while now.  Everyone has an opinion, but how many people really now what is going on.

The lunches at our school have certain health requirements that must be met.  The district also has a budget for the amount of money they are able to spend on food. Total funding for the nutrition program is around $16 billion in both cash and commodity payments. This funding is one of the largest federal funding streams that schools receive. 

High school lunches are an argument that is debated frequently due to the amount and type of food that the student’s receive. Most students think that what we eat is old meat from last week or even fake food that is all chemically made. This is not always the truth though school have to meet certain health requirements that would not allow for these types of meals to be served to the students and staff.

The students at Baldwin High School have opinions on the matter just like everyone else in high school. They also have opinions on how much food we actually receive for the school lunches.

”They’re ok I mean, there are some really bad lunches.”junior Dalton Houser said.

When asked if we receive enough food at lunch he replied, “No, because I know that whenever I eat I have to go back and get something else because there is too little amount of food.”