FBLA to make trip to Dallas

One of the newest clubs at Baldwin High School in the Future Business Leaders of America is going to Dallas this weekend for a national FBLA conference. The sponsor is the Business teacher, Patty Lenning. FBLA has done several events so far this year such as mud volleyball and the halloween dance.

The officers this year are Ashton Temple (President), Madeline McCrary (Vice President), Danielle Boline (Secretary) and Forrest Young (Treasurer).

The officers are very excited to start the year off with this trip.

“I’m beyond excited to go to Dallas this year. Last year, attending the national fall conference in Denver was an eye opening experience and this year I believe is going to change my perspective on the business field and life in general,” senior Madeline McCrary said. “It’s a great opportunity for high school students and I am looking forward to bringing back new ideas and contributing a positive outlook on my future.”

The trip will last four days and the students will get back on Sunday afternoon. Several members of FBLA will be attending.

Other events that FBLA is planning on doing is going to Rainbow Preschool and reading to children and providing some new books and helping the high school’s Letterman Club in making stockings for the Baldwin City Food Pantry.