Coffee for cash

When coming to school early in the morning, some students feel groggy and sluggish as they enter the hallways of the school. One of the clubs here at BHS recognized this and decided to do something about it that will not only help the students wake up, but also help their club and help fund it. Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is now offering a coffee shop in the commons for all students on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

FBLA will be selling hot chocolate or French Vanilla coffee in the mornings from 7:30-7:55 every Tuesday and Thursday in the commons area and any student is welcome to it for just $1.50. The idea of the coffee shop is to help students wake up and raise money for FBLA trips, such as the one they are taking to Dallas, Tex for their National Conference.

Senior club member Anna Nichols said she thinks this will be a good idea that will benefit both students and the club.

“I think this is a good idea because some students take a lot of time out of their morning by trying to make their own coffee and it will be much more convenient and cheaper to get it at the school,” Nichols said.

The coffee last week at BHS and the club members already feel that they have been successful in selling coffee in the mornings.

“I thought our first day went really well,” Nichols said. “I think when the word gets around about what is happening, more students will be wanting to buy some coffee or hot chocolate.”