New Anime Club brings students together with common interest

Japanese animation or anime has become very popular over the past few years and now it has reached BHS. The new Anime Club met in Foreign Language teacher Karen Moreau’s room last Thursday for their initial meeting.

The club will be meeting again this Thursday to discuss more about the future and the agenda of the club. Junior and founder of the club Emmett Martin is very enthusiastic about the coming weeks.

“Our plan is to watch anime and discuss the anime and also discuss Japanese culture in general,”  Martin said. “Our goal is to just kinda have a good time.”

At the first meeting officers were elected into their positions. Martin was elected President, junior Keifer Halpin was elected as Vice President, junior Maverick Feldt was elected as Treasurer and Drew Check was elected as Secretary.

Martin had the thought of starting the club at the beginning of the school year.

“I noticed that there was a lot of people interested in Anime and that they liked it a bunch so I figured that I would start a club and get all of us together,” Martin said

Nine showed up at Thursday’s meeting, all of whom were very excited about the new club. One of those people was Vice President Halpin, is looking forward to the new club.

“I’m definitely excited about getting more students participating in more extracurricular activities and learn about Japanese culture,” Halpin said. “We are definitely going to be learning our names in Japanese [and] we are also going to be learning simple phrases, just basically all around Japanese culture which will be a brand new experience which will be great.”

If anyone would like to try out or join the Anime Club they can go to it any Thursday after school in Moreau’s room.