Homecoming fun just around the corner

Homecoming is an annual and exciting event at Baldwin High School. It includes a dance, football game, spirit week, King and Queen voting, locker decorating and a pep rally.

The football team will host DeSoto at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 4. A dance after the game starts at 9:30 p.m. The theme is “neon.”

“Seeing everybody excited all that week for the game then the dance afterward,” sophomore Carlyn Cole said. “Going to the dances are always a fun time with your friends.”

Spirit week is Sept. 30-Oct. 4. The theme days are Monday: Pajama Day, Tuesday: Western Day, Wednesday: Fashion Disaster, Thursday: Hat day and Friday: Bulldog Pride day (Senior- black, Juniors- purple, Sophomores- white, Freshman- gray.)

Some students enjoy dressing up, others feel differently.

“Yes, it really lets kids show their school pride,” sophomore Ashleigh Kramps said. “It is one week we can all be crazy together and no one cares.”

Locationg decorating will be held Sept. 30 from 6-9 p.m. The theme is “Be the Heros of Baldwin High School. Seniors will decorate their lockers Batman, Juniors will decorate their lockers Spiderman, Sophmores will decorate their lockers Superman and Freshman will decorate their lockers Captain America.

Not only does homecoming effect the high school student body but other schools also.

“Last year we went and visited other schools and did a little pep rally,” Stuco sponsor Danielle Balsman said. “We are going to that again. It was really fun.”