Pioneer staff ready to begin creating 2013-14 yearbook

The Pioneer yearbook staff is getting off the ground and on their way to creating the 2013-14 Baldwin High School yearbook. The staff is large this year, helping the workload lighten tremendously.

Getting everything organized so people know what they are supposed to be doing can take some time.

We’re trying to get things started right now and get things running smoothly,” senior Allison Waymire said. “Also, making sure people know what they’re doing.”

Waymire is an experienced staffer and the Editor-in-Chief of Advertising and Social Media.

The first thing that needs to be done is picking the designs. This can also take awhile and is essential for the rest of the yearbook staff to get started.

I think they’re going really well,” senior Bella Villaca said. “I’m excited to be able to pick the designs for the yearbook.”

Villaca is the Editor-in-Chief of Designs and in charge of choosing the design for the BHS yearbook this year.

There is a majority of new staffers and not many experienced staffers. The amount of work can seem overwhelming at times.

Sometimes it seems like a lot of work, but I suppose that’s just getting started,” junior Tabea Trümner said.

Trümner is an exchange student from Germany joining the students at BHS this year and it is her first time on any yearbook staff.

Trümner is excited to work on the yearbook because this is all new to her.

Everything’s exciting because we don’t have a yearbook and it’s exciting to see how it all works,” Trümner said.

The yearbook Editor-in-Chief’s this year are senior Joe Chapman (Photography), Villaca (Design), senior Leyena Watson (Head Photographer), Waymire (Advertising & Social Media) and senior Forrest Young (Managing).

Other staff members include junior Carody Franklin (Index Editor), senior Madeline McCrary (Business Manager), seniors Carley Fairbanks and Samantha Robinson (Copy Editors), sophomore Spencer Young (KSPA Coordinator), senior Ruby Estes (Social Media Editor), seniors Sierra Bennett, Kayle Covert and Ari Mihesuah (Senior Editors) and Trümner (Photography Editor).

The Pioneer staff is also taking on the Baldwin Junior High School yearbook and the Bulldog Spotlight.

The Pioneer staff handling the BJHS yearbook are sophomore Carlyn Cole (Editor-in-Chief), Franklin, junior Emma Grossner, junior Keifer Halpin and Spencer Young (Staff).

The Bulldog Spotlight is a three issue per school year magazine featuring different stories about the students and staff at BHS.

The Bulldog Spotlight staff is made up by senior Janel Crist, Grossner (Editor-in-Chiefs) and Spencer Young (Staff).