Bulldog Bulletin Online gets photo-sharing social media “Instagram”

Bulldog Bulletin Online has been able to communicate to the community through social media like Facebook and Twitter for two years now. Now, Bulldog Bulletincan now reach-out through popular social media site “Instagram”.

“It’s a popular social medium that people are using,” adviser Kit Harris said. “So we thought it was important for our staff to jump on board. We can use it to further improve on our goal to communicate to people about what is going on at BHS.”

Instagram allows users to take upload pictures and apply neat looking “filters” to make the photos works of art. Some would say Instagram has become nearly as popular as Facebook or Twitter.

Senior Allison Waymire said she enjoys using Instagram as a quick way to catch-up with friends. 

“I just like seeing what everyone’s up to,” Waymire said. “(It is) pictures instead of words. It’s just easier to see pictures instead of just ‘everything.’”

Waymire also thought that Instagram could be a good way for the Bulldog Bulletin to connect with peers.

“I think it’s just cool to be able to put a picture, because everyone’s on Instagram,” Waymire said. “Because Facebook is kind of becoming MySpace. So it’s cool that they’re getting with it.”

MySpace is a social media site that was popular before Facebook that eventually saw a sudden decline in users. Many teenagers and young people today would agree that Facebook is now falling victim to new social media sites, like Instagram or Twitter. Generally it is said that both share a simpler way to share information with others than Facebook.

Harris explained that social-media has changed journalism in the last few years.

“The point of journalism,” Harris said, “is to tell people what’s going on and tell people the news. It’s just a quick, convenient and easy way to get to people because they’re already there.”

Follow us on Instagram at BulldogBulletinOnline.