• Winter Wishes are back! Stop by the table at lunch from November 27th to December 1st.

• Seusical the Musical was last week

• Wrestling finishes off its first week strong

Real World Design team finishes season with teamwork award at nationals

Pam Davis

Baldwin's Real World Design team poses with Kansas Lieutenant Governor Jeff Colyer. The squad's season ended with a teamwork award at nationals.

Nick Joslyn, News/Opinion Editor and Video Editor

A little more than two weeks ago, the Real World Design team’s season came to a close at nationals in Washington D.C.  It was the last year for seniors Austin Kraus, Colton Horne, and Abby Clem.

“This team has worked the best together and been the closest than any other previous team,” Kraus said. “I am proud to have led them and I am looking forward to seeing what they produce next year.”

This year’s squad consisted of Kraus, Horne, and Clem; sophomore Quint Heinecke; and freshmen Jackson Barth and Kelsey Kehl.  The team collaborated at nationals, and their teamwork was recognized.

“We did not receive an official place,” Kraus said. “But we got a merit award for working as a team the most effectively. Receiving a merit award places us in the top ten.”

As the team has nationally placed in each of the past four years, BHS students are realizing the squad’s achievements.

“It is really cool that such a small school can have such big accomplishments,” junior Russell Cloon said.

Sophomore Joel Dixon agrees.

“They did great and they obviously had great teamwork because they got an award,” Dixon said.

To watch the full national presentation, watch the attached video.