BHS hosts talent show to raise money for Ogden

BHS students and staff were shocked and saddened when BHS sophomore Molly Ogden suffered a stroke last fall. Since her stroke the Baldwin schools and community have held several fundraisers to support the Ogden family and watched Molly make leaps and bounds in her recovery.

A group of BHS students and staff has organized a talent show in order to raise money for BHS student Molly Ogden.

The talent show is open to anyone in the community who wants to display their talents or just come enjoy the show. The show will be at 7 p.m. on May 10 in the PAC. The cost is five dollars and tickets can be purchased at the door or from any BHS choir students.

“We have combined the fundraiser for Molly with StarStruck which is the BHS Choir’s fundraiser,” BHS choir teacher Beth Nelson said. “We don’t know (how many acts we have) but all three BHS choirs will perform as well as the 7th and 8th grade Purple Pride Choir.”

Students have been involved in organizing this fundraiser for their fellow Bulldog.

“My personal goal is to raise $1,500 for the Ogdens,” senior Regan LaTessa said. “That’s about 300 tickets and doesn’t include the funds raised from the Silent Auction.”

There has also been a silent auction organized to raise more money.

“The silent auction will be held during intermission and all proceeds will go to the Ogden family,” BHS choir accompanist Kathy Allen said. “Hopefully, we will have a great turn out  for the Starstruck/Ogden fundraiser.”

If interested in donating an item to the silent auction, contact Kathy Allan at [email protected].