Is it really the end of the world?

The Mayan calendar, made in 3372 B.C., ends on December 21st, 2012, which is today. This led people to believe that the end of the world was going to happen today.

As you can see though, we are clearly still alive. Or at least we are at the moment. We may very well die today, it just might not be right away and later this day.

This is what some BHS students have to say about the world ending.

• “The world is not going to end because I don’t believe the Mayan calendar was right and that they just ran out of room to write the dates down,” – sophomore Sherry Stout
  • “It’s not going to. This whole thing is stupid,” – junior Hannah Messenger.
  • “I do not think the world was going to end. I just didn’t think it was going to happen,” – sophomore Sarah Hall
  • “It sounded too crazy too be true,” – sophomore Duke Stewart
  • “It’s just not going to happen,” – sophomore Jordan Hoffman
  • “The world is going to end 3 minutes before midnight. That’s when all the zombies are going to start chasing us,” – junior Mickayla Starkey.
  • “This is all just silly. You can’t predict when the is going to end,” – sophomore Caroline Flory
  • “Here’s what’s going to happen if the world ends. We are going to take as much stuff from stores, preferably guns, and then save myself,” – sophomore Tyler Buerman
  • “My plan is there’s an end to every calendar. I can show you the end of my calendar. So, the world’s not going to end. It’s just a new era,” – sophomore Ethan Ford
  • “Zombies are going to be everywhere,” – junior Ari Mihesuah
  • “I do not think the word is going to end today because there is no way the Mayans could have actually predicted an event of this magnitude with the limited resources they had,” – junior Grayson Langham
  • “I don’t think it’s going to end. The calendar is just coming to an end. Calendars come to an end all the time,” – sophomore Lake Stewart
  • “I think that if you think the world is going to end, you’re not my friend, “ – sophomore Brock Randalls
  • “I believe the world is not going to end today because I think it’s going to end like the Thief in the Night,” – sophomore Joel Halford