BHS students step forward to help Ogden family

BHS students are doing fundraisers for a BHS student, Molly Ogden, who is a sophomore and was hospitalized recently.

There was a Pancake Feed on Sunday, Dec 9, in the BHS Cafeteria from 8-11 a.m. The cost was $5 per person or donation. It was “all-you-can” eat pancakes, bacon and drinks. This fundraiser was sponsored by the BHS Future Business Leaders of America and Student Council. All funds from this fundraiser went to the Ogden family for medical expenses. The fundraiser raised nearly $1500.

Katie Pattrick and a few other BHS students are selling “Praying for Molly” bracelets. 1 for $2, or 2 bracelets for $3.

“I think that all of the fundraisers everyone’s doing are great,” senior Abbi Carlson said. “The Ogden family shouldn’t be worried about money right now, instead focusing on getting Molly better.”

The bracelets are being sold around town too.

“I think it’s a good fundraiser because it spreads the word of how Molly had a stroke and how her family needs as much help and support as they can,” said junior Travette Cisneros.

Rhonda Stieffel is in charge of T-shirts for Molly. T-shirts are $10. All funds made from T-shirts will go towards Molly’s medical fees.

To find out the latest information about Molly, feel free to visit her Caring Bridge website run by her family. Click here to visit her website.