Forecaster makes fun weather competition as benefit for Ogden

BHSTV weather forecaster Reece “Lightning” Randall has organized a fund-raiser benefit competition to support BHS student Molly Ogden, who was hospitalized recently. Randall is asking students to take snowfall guesses, with the winner receiving KU basketball tickets (only four rows behind the KU bench!).

The rules of the “Know Your Snow” competition are…..

=====

The contest: whoever can correctly guess when the first snowfall will be in Baldwin City  wins, there must be an inch of snow.

The prize: Two tickets to the Kansas University vs. Texas Christian University basketball game at Allen Fieldhouse. The seats are four rows behind the KU bench. The game is on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013 at 3 p.m. A guess costs two dollars, you guess a day and amount for the first snowfall if it snows on the day you guessed, you win.

If multiple people guess the same day then the tie breaker will be whoever guessed closest to the amount of snowfall.

The day you think the first snowfall will be on must be at least three days after the day you place your guess.

The contest will end when after the first snowfall, if the there is no snow by Feb.16, 2013 the contestant who entered the most guesses wins. There is no limit to how many guesses you can place and no deadline.

This event is open to the public, BHS students can guess and pay at a table at lunch or send your contact information, your payment, and the day and amount of the first snowfall to 1184 N 1000 Road Lawrence, Kansas 66047. Checks can be made payable to Kelly Randall, all proceeds go to the Ogden family.

If you have any questions email Reese Randall at [email protected].