Bulletin improves website

The journalism class website, the Bulldog Bulletin Online, changed its look this year and many are pleased with the improvements.

Sophomore Russell Cloon has used both the old and the new websites, and he is pleased with the recent changes.

“I thought it was a large improvement. I’d say it is like five times better,” Cloon said. “I thought it looked very professional. It does not look like it was made by high school students.”

Journalism teacher Kit Harris agreed.

“It looks a lot better. We can put interactive polls and rotating feature stories,” Harris said.

Students believe the new website is a good change from the old, which they thought had several problems.

“It seemed lacking in vibrance,” sophomore Grayson Langham said.

Also, students thought the website was difficult to navigate.

“You had to go to two links to view an article,” Cloon said.

Fixing the layout and making the the website more user-friendly were the key ideas in creating the new website.

“We thought the old website didn’t look as good or function as well as the one now. We did not think we had as many website viewers,” Harris said.

The new Bulletin appears to have accomplished these goals.

“The new website is easier on the eyes. The layout is far more aesthetically pleasing,” Langham said. “It is really easy to get around. You can find what you want real quick.”

Journalism staff members are also pleased with the Bulletin.

“It’s a lot better than the old website,” senior Editor-in-Chief Cody Keener said. “It’s the best we could have.”

However, the journalism staff is not stopping at only a new website. They are considering adding features to the website in the future.

“We are looking to add site enhancements,” Harris said. “You can get a cooler banner, a better sports package, or a video package. There are a lot of options.”