Freshmen class making plans for Winter Formal

BHS students are beginning preparations for the upcoming Winter Formal dance.  The freshmen are heading the preparations for the dance, usually held in December.

“Right now we are working on booking the DJ, advertising, and decorations,” BHS math teacher and Student Council sponsor Danielle Balsman said.

BHS students are excited for Winter Formal.

“I think this year is going to be blast,” BHS junior Carrie Deitz said. “Winter Formal is always fun, but this year we have a DJ.”

This year, however, there are concerns surrounding the DJ.

“Our normal DJ’s moved out of state,” Balsman said, “so we are searching for a DJ that will do a good job for around the same price we have paid in the past.”

Students from different clubs are also getting involved in Winter Formal preparations.

“We (the Art Club) are going to be making a backdrop to take pictures,” BHS junior Jenny Robbs said.

This year, the Art Club is creating a backdrop and taking photos at the Winter Formal dance for students.

“Last year it was fun and kids enjoyed getting to take a picture home,” Robbs said of taking photos.

The pictures are a good fundraiser for students in the Art Club.

“We’re taking pictures to help raise money for Art Club,” Robbs said, “but we’re also doing it for the fun and enjoyment of expressing the arts.”

Winter Formal is a semi-formal dance, so students are expected to be dressed appropriately.

“Winter Formal is a dressier dance,” Balsman said. “Boys normally wear a suit and tie and girls wear nice gowns or dresses.”

Students enjoy dressing up and hanging out with friends at Winter Formal.

“I always look forward to seeing everyone’s dresses and the styles they choose,” Deitz said.

Excitement is beginning to spread through the school as students anticipate the dance.

“(It’s fun) just being with my friends and having a good time,” BHS junior Abby Clem said of Winter Formal.

The dance will be held on Dec. 10 from 8-10 pm in the BHS cafeteria.