Q/A with Mikayla Michael

Yearbook editor & designer/Editor-in-Chief
Mikayla Michael editing the board

Q: What made you want to do yearbook staff?

A: “When I came into high school, Kit told me I should join journalism and yearbook so I did. I have been in at least one of his classes every semester since freshman year and have enjoyed all of them. I also liked the idea of being able to design and be a part of something so big for the school.”

Q: What do you want to go to college for?

A: “I want to go to college for something in the medical field to become a doctor. Although I did think about going for journalism, and maybe that’s something I can minor in when I go to college.”

Q: What do you dislike about it?

A: “It’s a big responsibility and there’s a lot to learn, but it’s not that I dislike it, it can get challenging though when having to go in and find all the little details on pages and tweaking every thing on all of the pages.”

Q: How did you feel when you found out you were the Editor in Chief?

A: “It was exciting to become an Editor-in-Chief and  I like to be that leader in yearbook class for other people so it’s fun for me.”

Q: When did you start graphic designing?

A: “I started designing I think my sophomore year. Our Editor-in-Chief last year did most of the designing, but Kit had me help and that’s when I started learning and it has become my favorite thing to do.”

Q: What do you like about graphic design?

A: “What I like about graphic design is how many different things you can do with stories, photos, and captions on a yearbook page. Off of yearbook pages, graphic design is endless and you have complete creativity over how you want something to look.”