JUMPING INTO MEDICINE

Flory jumping into medical career
Maris+is+working+hard+on+her+school+work.+
Maris is working hard on her school work.

Maris Flory is a senior at Baldwin High School. Flory is currently working as a CNA at Olathe Medical Center. Flory was inspired to work as a CNA at Olathe Medical Center but she hasn’t always worked at Olathe Medical Center.

“After receiving my CNA at the beginning of 2021, I worked in a nursing home for about two years before applying to work in a hospital.” Flory said, “I am going to study to become a nurse in college so I wanted to work in a hospital to ensure that it is something that I would enjoy doing.” 

After Flory graduates, she will continue to work at Olathe Medical Center through the summer until she moves to Springfield. 

“After graduation, I plan to continue working at Olathe Medical Center throughout the summer, but when I move to Springfield in the fall, I will find a hospital to work at,” Flory said. 

Flory is attending Missouri State and when she graduates from there she wants to move back to Baldwin. 

“After I graduate from Missouri State with my BSN, I will move back to the Baldwin area to work in a local hospital,” Flory said. 

Flory took a High School class to allow her to work at a nursing home and hospital. 

“I took the CNA class in my sophomore year, which allowed me to work in a nursing home and hospital,” Flory said. 

Flory has taken many classes to prepare for her classes in the program. 

“Besides the CNA class, I have taken over 30 hours of college classes to prepare me for the program I will enter,” Flory said.