Crenshaw’s love for life shows in teaching

Science teacher Scott Crenshaw has recently be awarded the Baldwin High School Teacher of the Month award for November. Though he has only been teaching at BHS for four years, he is well known around the school for his sense of humor and hands-on Science classes.  Crenshaw was selected by the Student Advisory Team to represent the teaching staff and was excited to find out about his win.

“It is very humbling that students would think of me,” Crenshaw said.

“He has a general love for animals,” senior Adam Withers said. “He connects with all the students and is very friendly.”

Crenshaw generously answered a few questions about his teaching career and his recent win of the Teacher of the Month title this November in the following interview below.

Why did you pursue the teaching profession?

“I graduated with a degree in education many years before I started teaching. Let’s just say it took me a while to find my purpose in life!”

What made you choose Science over other subjects?

“I had a high school Science teacher that made such an impression on me. I have loved science since I took his class my junior year of high school.”

How long have you been teaching at BHS?

“I began teaching in Baldwin at the junior high six years ago and moved to the high school 4 years ago.”

What is your favorite part about teaching?

“There is nothing about the teaching experience that I don’t love. I love my job, I love working with students, and I love my life!!”

Have you ever had an experience where you knew your teaching was making a difference?

“An experience that let me know my life has a purpose was when a former student sent me a card that said that their life was better for having been in my class and thanked me for taking the time to help them succeed.”

If you could give your students one piece of advice, what would it be?

“My advice for students would be: Seek the adventure in life always be amazed by everything around you, and most of all, Be(e) Yourself!”