Bulldog falls sports team start off with winning success

Through the many years of winning seasons for the Bulldog cross country program, this year’s boys team started off the season with a first. This amazing finish is a rarity to the cross country and was a sign of good things to come for the team.

The team had runners finish first, second, third, fourth and fifth at the season-opening competition at Anderson County.

Not only is the Bulldog cross country team having a successful season but so are the other fall sports teams. Currently, the football team is undefeated and soccer only has one loss.

For the soccer team, some things have changed, leading to it’s success

“We are holding strong, and much more united as a team then we have in the past,” senior soccer player Austin Chapman said.

Hard work and dedication has been a big part in the football team’s success, as they are currently 10-0.

“We worked really hard in the weight room and got a lot bigger and stronger,” senior quarterback Chad Berg said.

State is a big thing on all the team’s minds.

“We need to get these last few wins of regular season but focus on our Sub State and what it takes to get to State,” senior libero Madeline McCrary said.

Summer workouts have played a good part in their success.

“We ran every morning before the lovely sunshine woke up and did workouts once a week and just bumped up the mileage,” senior varsity cross country runner Hannah Hutton said.

Elley McDaniels and Raquel Lopez both made it to state tennis.

“I had a lot fun but when I lost my last game I was really sad cause I realized the season was over,” Lopez said.