Band and choir working hard for upcoming events

The fall season brings many opportunities to the choir and band classes. The band competes in marching competitions, while the choir is hard at work preparing for thier fall concert.

As of now, band is preparing for a marching festival at Baker University.

“On Wednesday, Oct. 16, we have Baker Marching Festival. Last Wednesday, Oct. 2, we had Emporia Marching Festival. We got a 2 at that event,” junior Quartermaster Kymbr Simmons said.

The songs that band is working on right now consist of many themes from the Star Trek series.

“We are working on our Star Trek music for the Baker Marching Festival. The pieces are the Star Trek Finale, the theme of Star Trek Generations, and Star Trek: The Inner Light,” Simmons said.

Many band members have thier favorite songs. Junior clarinet player Chelsey Curtis also has a favorite song as well.

“My favorite song we are working on is the Theme from Star Trek Generations.” Curtis said.

While the band is preparing for the Baker Marching Festival, choir is preparing for an upcoming concert.

“Our first fall concert is Nov. 7,” Senior choir secretary Maddie Miley said.

Choir is performing several songs for thier first concert. These include Bohemian Raphsody by Queen, Sure On This Shining Night by Morten Lauridsen, Niška Banja by Romani Dance, All Ye Who Music Love by Thomas Oliphant.

Many singers in Choir have songs that are thier favorite. Junior Catherine Christian also has a favorite song.

“My favorite piece of music we are working on right now is Bohemian Rhapsody. It is the one I enjoy the most,” she said.