FBLA making progress with Lenning

Baldwin High school Business teacher Patty Lenning is the sponsor of the new club at BHS Future Business Leaders of America. This club is to help prepare students to be great business leaders as well as helping them with leadership and communication skills.

FBLA was Lenning’s idea to bring to BHS.

“I wanted to start getting recognition for business leaders,” Lenning said. “I’ve been a coach for cheerleading in the past but I wanted to be in touch with helping business students.”

FBLA has been active in activities.

“Our club has attended Denver National Conference, past summer conference, and we has also contributed to helping with STUCO on the pancake feed as well as the stockings,” Lenning said.

The students were involved with gathering stockings with STUCO.

“I really liked decorating the stockings and getting presents for the people who can’t afford it,” Junior Amanda Miller said. “I felt like I was making someones Christmas and that made me feel good.”

Students seem to have a positive view of FBLA.

“I’m really excited for the school having a business club, so I can get more in touch with competitions and really challenge myself,” junior Brittnay George said.

BHS seems they could benefit from FBLA.

“I think our school has a lot of great clubs but our club is more geared toward business,” Lenning said.

Having this club at Baldwin High School could help students expand their passion for business.

“I wish I had started this club a long time ago, I love to see kids get involved and get everyone motivated for success. I think Baldwin will benefit from FBLA,” Lenning said.