BHS Senior Update

The Class of 2013 seniors are wrapping up their high school experience with only one semester left.

“It’s a good feeling,” Katie Pattrick said. “It’s hard to believe it’s almost over.”

Every senior has a different plan for after high school.

“I have plans to go to a private out-of-state Christian college,” Heidi Halford said. “I am not sure what I am doing yet, but I have a general idea.”

As the year coming to a close the students are trying their best to work hard and still have a great year.

“My senior year has been stressful,” Halford said. “I plan on having a lot of fun with people I might not see for a long time”

But the seniors have a large support staff, especially their counselor Debbie Baldwin.

“It is always a stressful time for seniors, they need to be sending transcripts, taking ACT if they haven’t already, applying for scholarship, preparing to file FASFA and of course studying hard,” Baldwin said. “It’s been amazing to work with the seniors, It’s my first year working here and I’ve been very impressed. Baldwin is very open-minded, they are applying all over the United States. I try and be a resource for them, sponsor financial aid night, send transcripts and send letters of recommendation.”

There are many perks of being a senior, but senior release seems to be one of the best.

“Its awesome,” Pattrick said. “I took fifth and seventh hour off, and it is the best thing ever.”

It is a very special time for seniors with mixed emotions about leaving high school.

“It’s bittersweet,” Trent Russell said. “I am sad to be leaving my friends but I am ready for something new.”