Recent graduate hoping to turn passion into lifelong career

Turning a passion into a lifetime career is anyone’s dream, but for a recent BHS graduate he is turning his dream into a reality.Travis Moore started to show interests in taking pictures with his little “point-and-shoot” camera in 2006.“After a few outings with just me and my camera, I began creating some interesting photographs,” Moore said.

A couple months later he bought his first nice camera and started shooting pictures of the Kansas landscape, and anything that caught his eye, on the side.

“I’d grab my camera, get in my car and drive around the Baldwin and Lawrence area, looking for the best places to capture the Kansas landscape,” Moore said.

After a few years of developing his skills, Moore decided to take the risk and start his own business.

“It was just a hobby then, but after a few years of nurturing my technical abilities as well as my artistic abilities, I decided to take the leap and create a business,” Moore said.

Moore decided to branch out and capture more than just the Kansas landscape.

“My current focus is on weddings,” Moore Said. “Photographing weddings is very fun because the environment is so joyous, I get to create and provide beautiful images for people who will treasure them for a lifetime.”

Moore also hopes to combine his love for traveling and taking pictures through his career.

“Traveling is a great passion of mine, and capturing and creating fine pieces of art from all over the country, and eventually the world, is something that I will do until the day I die,” he said.

Moore plans on keeping his passion in his career so he can continue doing what he loves for a lifetime.