Angie Spielman selected January Staff Member of the Month

The Baldwin High School Student Advisory Team selected BHS Library Assistant Angie Spielman as the January Staff Member of the Month.

Spielman was elated when she found out she had been elected as the Staff Member of the Month.

“I was truly very surprised,” Spielman said. “I actually wasn’t even aware of it until one of the students came up to me and was talking to me about it.”

Spielman has been involved with many of the high school students from a young age.

“I had a lot of the students in Rainbow Pre School, so it’s been fun getting to watch all of them grow up before my eyes,” she said.

The kids who were in Rainbow Pre School when Spielman was teaching enjoy having her in their high school experience as well.

“It’s great to have Angie involved in our high school lives,” junior Mackenzie Johnson said. “It’s fun to hear some of the stories she remembers about each of us from when we were so young.”

Being around kids is something that Spielman enjoys and takes advantage of getting to do every day.

“One of my favorite things about working is the library is getting to see the kids every day and getting to talk to them and keeping in touch with the ones I had when they were little,” said Spielman, who is near completion of her teaching license for elementary education.

Students had several reasons for electing Spielman as the Staff Member of the Month.

“Angie was such a big help for the kids who were in Comp. or A.P. U.S. History or even both last semester,” junior Kaitlyn Christie said. “The kids who were in those classes had to write really important research papers and Angie came up to us individually and asked what our topics were and went and found books for us. It was such a stress relief.”

Some of the reasons Spielman was elected are some of her favorite aspects of her job.

“I love getting to help the students find the information they need to help them complete an assignment or a project that they are proud of.”

While Spielman enjoys having a good, fun time with the students here at BHS she also tries to be a little serious at times too.

“If I could tell all of the students one thing it would be to take opportunities when they arise,” Spielman said. “Don’t be scared by them, or shy away from them, or think that they aren’t important, because you never know what could come of them.”